Where to stay in Bukoba?
- Balamaga Bed & Breakfast - On Balamaga hill, good view,
beautiful garden. B&B has 4 spacious rooms (two self-contained suites
and two twin-bed rooms sharing a bathroom) ideal for regular business
travellers, consultants as well as families and small tourist groups,
who want to enjoy a quiet place to stay, conducive to work or to explore
Bukoba district. www.balamagabb.com
- Kolping hotel is situated just 3 kms from the town center on
the Balamaga hill near to Walkgard hotel overlooking Bukoba and Lake
- Lake hotel is the oldest hotel in Bukoba near the lake Victoria
and Bukoba Club, has just reopened. There are nice garden and good restaurant.
- Walkgard Annex Hotel - Near the Red Cross. Rooms with air conditioning.
It is located along Uganda Road about 1.5 km to the airport, 1,5 km
to the bus stand and 2 km to the ferry port. Walkgard Annex hotel, P.O.
Box 457, Bukoba, tel: +255 28 2220935 / 2220946, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Walkgard Hotels & Tours - On Balamaga hill above the port,
good view and swimming pool. It is located some 3km from the town centre.
P.O. Box 457, Bukoba, tel: +255 28 2220935 / 2220946, email@example.com,
- Yaasila Top Hotels - Next to spice beach. Yaasila Top Hotels
has 15 rooms of which 10 rooms are self-contained and 5 budget rooms.
The self-contained rooms are served with a balcony facing Lake Victoria
together with a king size bed, a fridge, TV and telephone.
- Coffee Tree Hotel - Between the Lake Hotel and town.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania (ELCT) - This center
is a modern conference and training center with nice rooms. It is located
near the shores of Lake Victoria, close to the airport and close to
the Lake hotel. It is a comfortable, clean and safe place, with TV sets,
air-conditioners and hot water. No alcohol is served. Reasonably inexpensive
rooms including breakfast. ELCT Church Center, P.O. Box 98, Bukoba,
Tel: +255282220027, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florida hotel - Just before you enter Bukoba town you can find
Florida Hotel. Many rooms, clean, reasonalbe price.
- Lake Hotel - Oldest hotel of Bukoba with great history. Near
the Lake, basic rooms, reasonable prices, nice bar / restaurant.
- New Banana Hotel - It is located at Zam-Zam Street going off
Kashozi Road. It has comfortable rooms with reasonable prices. Some
rooms have TV sets, air conditioners and hot water. One can enjoy traditional
food and assorted drinks.
- Spice Beach Hotel - Spice Hotel is close to the lakeshore.
The building touches the lake water. All rooms have TV sets, hot water
and air conditioners. It is a pleasant place to relax and even while
waiting for the ferry to Mwanz, it is a true beach hotel Box 288, 2220142.
- Upendo Lodge - This hotel is situated on Rwaijumba street,
about 1 km from the Bukoba Airport, 2 km from Bukoba ferry port, 1.5
km from Bukoba main bus stand and about 0.5 km from the shore of Lake
Victoria. It has 16 rooms, out of which 3 are Executive Suits (a self
contained room with sitting room). The rest (13 rooms) are self-contained
with hot water supply, cable TV and large beds. The facilities include
a well-stocked bar, a modern kitchen which provides traditional/Tanzanian.
Near the police station. Lounge, bar, TV. New Upendo Lodge P.O. Box
631, Bukoba, Tanzania, Tel: +255-28-2220620, Fax -22201285
- West End - Near the roundabout
- West End Annex - In Kashai
- Ashidu Guest House - Arusha Road across the street from Kolping.
- CPC - Catholic Diocese guesthouse, cheap and clean.
- Kiroyera Campsite - The place to stay for backpackers. The
campsite on the beach of Bukoba facing Lake Victoria not far from the
town centre and the ferry. You can take your own tent, rent a tent or
stay in one of the traditional banda's. Bookings can be made via email@example.com
- Kolping Guest House - Arusha Road near the NBC club.
- New Travelers Lodge and hotel
- Traveler’s Inn – Near Zamzam Primary school