Where to eat/drink in Bukoba?
- Bona Bana Café - Between the Red Cross and Nyumba ya
Vijana. Inexpensive fish, beef, matoke, rice, ugali, TV.
- ELCT Tea Room - Next to the ELCT bookstore in town. Inexpensive
meat, fish, rice, matoke, beans, mchicha. Breakfast includes eggs, chapati,
cake, omelet, tea and juice.
- Immigration Café - In the Immigration Office on the
road to the port. Inexpensive fish, beef, rice,matoke, beans, sodas.
- Kolping Café - Across from the Kahawa Guest House near
the cathedral. Inexpensive fish, meat, rice and matoke, TV.
- Maendeleo Café - Next to the Tourist Centre Bukoba (Kiroyera
Tours) near the market. Serves traditional Tanzanian lunch.
- NBC Club - Near the NBC bank (and owned by NBC employees).
Mshikaki, chicken, chips, drinks, TV, music.
- Pizzeria - Near the market. Pizza (chicken, veg, meat), sausages
and chips. Only open in the mornings.
- Q Bar - Located near the bus stand on the round about / they
have Tilapia fish, matoke (bananas), Ugali, chips, Nyama choma, price
- Regional Office Café - Outside the Regional Office near
the Lake Hotel, marked with Pepsi symbols. Inexpensive fish, beef, ugali
and matoke. (Sodas available across the street.)
- Rose Café - Next to Cosmopolitan. Pilau, matoke, beans,
sambusas, mchicha, fruit juice. Run by Zully and Morshid who both speak
- Soft rock café Space Bar - Around the corner from the
Red Cross. Chicken, mshikaki, chips, many drinks, TV.
- Bukoba Club - Near the Lake Hotel. Mshikaki, chips, chipsi
mayai, beer and sodas. tennis, table tennis, snooker, darts.
- Lake Hotel - View of the lake, good variety of food and drink,
TV, music, indoor restaurant and outdoor beer garden.
- Spice Beach Hotel - Literally on the beach, serves mshikaki,
chicken, chips has an outdoor pool table and TV.
- Walkgard Annex Hotel (formerly Edan) - Near the Red Cross.
Good variety of food, TV and pool table.
- Walkgard Hotel - on Balamaga hill above the lake. Great view
and a swimming pool.
- West End Annex Restaurant - In Kashai. Meat and chicken, reasonably
- West End Restaurant - Near the bus stand. Good variety of food.
- Yaasila Top Hotels - Next to Spice Beach Hotel also very near
the beach with great variety of food. A nice location, with two pool
tables, darts and television.
Disco often takes place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights at Hamugembe
Casino/ Garden View near the Collin Inn. Walkgard Annex has a disco that
is open on Friday. Coffee tree Inn near the offices of CCM has sometimes
disco. There is a plan for opening a nightclub in Bukoba.